Teflon – Polytetrafluorethylene
Teflon is also called polytetrafluorethylene (PTFE). This material is one of the high-performance synthetics, and consists of fluorine (halogen alkene) and ethene polymer. These are synthetic materials that have excellent chemical resistance and a low friction coefficient. Teflon has a large temperature reach from -200 degrees Celsius to 260 degrees Celsius. This means it has all the best dielectric properties of organic synthetic materials.
Laser cutting Teflon (PTFE)
Teflon laser cutting can be done from a thickness of 0.5 millimeters already. PTFE plates are available in different thicknesses, from 1 millimeter to 150 millimeters. The plates usually have a dimension of 1200 millimeters by 1200 millimeters. This material can be laser cut up to a thickness of 8 millimeters.
- Suitable for several technical applications, such as sealing rings, gaskets, and slide bearings
- Extremely smooth material: dirt resistant
- Slow aging
- Low moisture absorption
- Low inflammability
- High electrical isolating capacity
- Very high temperature resistance
- Excellent chemical resistance